- Your relationship is suffering from frequent conflict
- You are feeling disconnected from your partner
- The passion in your relationship is a distant memory
- Life has kept you so busy that you have lost sight of your relationship
There is hope. You can heal your relationship!
Even if things look dim now, there is a way to get your relationship back on track. You can
regain the intimacy and friendship you miss. You can grow old together in a happy, loving
relationship. I offer help for couples who want to create deeper, more fulfilling relationships
with each other. I can help you create more harmony, joy and appreciation for each other in
your relationship. I use the latest research-based interventions to get you reconnected,
increase affection, increase passion and increase commitment.
Couples that participate in counseling
Many are successful in several areas of their lives but are struggling in their relationship. Some have tried active listening, weekend getaways or other popular activities believed to
rekindle relationship. These methods don’t in and of themselves create positive lasting
change in relationship. Extra help is needed.
Some couples have gone through life transitions, like buying a new home, having a baby,
changing careers or dealing with a disability. Some are trying to recover from a discovery of
infidelity. Some have just reached their limit and decide it is time to make a positive change.
How I work with couples
As a relationship specialist, you can expect that during couples therapy I will be there for
you and your partner, guiding, encouraging and challenging you in your work to have the
relationship you both desire. We will begin by identifying the current issue(s) and what is
and isn’t working in the relationship. I will work with you to learn and practice skills to
manage conflict and communicate more effectively with each other, strengthen the bond in
your relationship, improve your friendship and increase the positivity in your relationship.
How relationship therapy can help …
Couples who participate in therapy with me often indicate one or more of these outcomes:
- They have a stronger and deeper connection with each other.
- They understand each other more fully.
- They have greater intimacy and a strengthened friendship.
- They have the ability to handle conflict productively.
- They are more aware of how to effectively communicate with each other and how to avoid emotional “land mines.”
- They feel more confident in their ability to navigate future difficulties.
- They learn skills to repair the relationship before it gets difficult to overcome.
- They feel more respect for themselves and their partner, inner peace, hope, contentment, happiness, and perhaps increased energy.
- They are able to have fun together again.