The couples I see in counseling are often intimate partners, but I also see people in other kinds of relationships such as parents and adult children, friends, and siblings.
- Your relationship is suffering from frequent conflict, due to issues such as communication problems, fighting, resentment, hurt feelings, infidelity, loss of trust, the effects of parenting, caregiving, and other challenges
- You are feeling disconnected from each other
- The passion in your relationship is a distant memory
- Life has kept you so busy that you have lost sight of your relationship
There is hope. You can heal your relationship!
Even if things look dim now, there is a way to get your relationship back on track. You can
regain the intimacy and friendship you miss. You can grow together in a happy, loving
relationship. I offer help for couples who want to create a deeper, more fulfilling relationship
with each other. I can help you create more harmony, joy, and appreciation for each other in
your relationship. I use the latest research-based interventions to get you reconnected,
increase affection, increase passion, and increase commitment.
Couples Who Participate in Counseling
Many couples I work with are successful in several areas of their lives but are struggling in their relationship. Some have tried active listening, weekend getaways, or other popular activities believed to rekindle relationships. These methods in and of themselves haven’t created the positive lasting change in their relationship they were hoping for. Extra help is needed.
Some couples have gone through life transitions, like buying a new home, having a baby, changing careers, dealing with a disability, becoming caregivers to a child or an adult relative, and/or loss of a loved one. Some are trying to recover from a discovery of infidelity. Some have just reached their limit and decide it is time to make a change for the better.
How I Work with Couples
As a relationship specialist, you can expect that during couples therapy I will be there for
you and your partner, guiding, encouraging, and challenging you in your work to have the
relationship you both desire. We will begin by identifying the current issue(s) and what is/isn’t working in the relationship. I will work with you to learn and practice skills to
manage conflict and communicate more effectively with each other, strengthen the bond in
your relationship, improve your friendship, and increase the positivity in your relationship.
How Relationship Therapy Can Help
Couples who participate in therapy with me often indicate one or more of these outcomes:
- They have a stronger and deeper connection with each other
- They understand each other more fully
- They have greater intimacy and a strengthened friendship
- They have the ability to handle conflict productively
- They are more aware of how to effectively communicate with each other and how to avoid emotional “land mines”
- They feel more confident in their ability to navigate future difficulties
- They learn skills to repair the relationship before it gets difficult to overcome
- They feel more respect for themselves and their partner, inner peace, hope, contentment, happiness, and perhaps increased energy
- They are able to have fun together again
Invest in making a positive change in your relationship. Contact Patrick Connelly, LCSW for a counseling appointment today.
Call me at 609-780-3570 or email me at email@example.com.
In the case of a mental health emergency/crisis, please reach out for immediate help by calling or texting 988 or chatting at 988lifeline.org. Alternatively, you can call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.